Back in February of last year I posted Catch-Phrases. It listed some of my favourite Villain Catch Phrases from NaNoWriMo. My list has since expanded (of course), but it also doesn’t just include Villain Catch Phrases anymore. Oh, no! I have discovered the joys of the side-kick, hero, and other characters for spouting off one-liners and other snappy lines!
Every November thousands of people gather (albeit mostly over the internet) to participate in the National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo). I’m a huge fan of NaNo and one of my favourite forms of procrastination is to check out the Adoption threads. Specifically, I like the Villain Catch Phrases. So here are some of my favourites. Maybe they’ll spark an idea for a villain, or a even a full story!
So adopt away!
- You might want to close your eyes for this…
- I tried being good once. Most boring thirty seconds of my life.
- I never ate anybody that didn’t deserve it.
- You’re being ridiculous, you know. Without me, no one can see you. Only in darkness can light be found, as light is lost in light. I complete you. You need me. If you kill me now, there will be riot, mayhem, panic, and agony…whereas, if I kill you, there will be one more dead body in the room. Now tell me, hero. Do you really want to do this?
- You should relax. The knife goes in so much easier.