So this morning, my Indiegogo Campaign went live. 😀 I am very, very (very) excited!
The card game I’m raising the money for is, if you don’t mind me saying, a ton of fun and a great game to play with friends. You should totally go check it out. The video and post explain the basics of the game, but for those who want a little more detail, the rules are as follows:
- Each player starts with 3 Story Builder cards, and 5 Modifier cards.
- At the start of each player’s turn, they may draw cards from the Modifier deck until they have a total of 6 cards in their hand. If they already have 6 or more cards then they don’t get to draw at the start of that turn. You never have to discard for having too large of a hand.
- Each player can make two actions on their turn. This includes playing any card that they meet the requirements for, and/or discarding any two cards to draw a single Story Builder card. Discarding and drawing automatically ends that player’s turn.
- Players must place either a Character or a Theme card first. Once that first card is placed any Modifier cards whose requirements are met can be played. Plot Points can only be placed once both a Character and Theme are placed. A Climax card can only be placed once 3 Plot Points have been placed.
- First player to place a Climax card ends the game for everyone. All players count how many points they have, add in a bonus for matching aspects (if they have), and the player with the most points wins!
Pretty straightforward (other than the bonus points; I can never remember what the amounts actually are and always have to refer to the rule sheet…), lots of fun, and every time you play you’re going to see different stories.
So, once again, you should totally check out the Indiegogo Campaign for Story Builder!